By Kunde Family Winery
- 1-1 ½ pounds flank steak - set out at room temperature
- 1 cup savoy cabbage - finely shredded
- 1 cup cilantro - chopped
- 1 cup mint - chopped
- 1 carrot - thinly shredded
- ½ English cucumber - thinly sliced
- 1 watermelon radish - thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 2-3 handfuls baby arugula
- 4-6 oz thin brown rice noodles
- ½ cup roasted peanuts – chopped, for garnish
- 2 T ponzu sauce or soy sauce
- 3 T sesame oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ T fish sauce
- 1 tsp chili garlic paste
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1-2 T honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
Combine all dressing ingredients in small bowl except olive oil. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify.
On a sheet pan, place flank steak and drizzle 1 T of dressing and 1 T of additional olive oil. Let rest 30 minutes to 1 hour. Boil rice noodles according to package directions and toss with 1 T dressing. Set aside in large bowl.
Heat grill or grill pan on high heat. Oil grill and grill meat 6-8 minutes per side or until desired doneness (internal temperature is 135 degrees for medium rare). Let rest 5-10 minutes. Slice thinly and diagonally against the grain.
To serve, add all vegetables and herbs to the rice noodles and toss with more dressing to desired taste. Arrange meat on salad, sprinkle with peanuts and serve. Serve 4-6.